Spring Township maintains an active cemetery association that maintains Shattuck's Grove Cemetery located on the corner of Reed's Crossing Road and Spring Center Road. You can get directions here
- Sale of lots: Spring township residence may purchase a space 39” wide for $250.00; all others will be charged $650.00. On the space you may bury 1 full casket and vault or 2 cremations.
- You may make an appointment to purchase a lot by calling Cheryl Sturges as (815) 544-0553.
- All seasonal decorations will be removed on November 1st and April 1st. The only exception is if we have an earlier than normal spring, Christmas blankets will be removed when the grass begins to green.
- The wind blows extremely strong across our cemetery, whenever possible we try to replace your flowers, if we do not know where they belong, and they are still in good shape, they will be placed along our maintenance building. Flowers have been found in the field to the south and the wood’s line to the north, every effort is made to replace your decorations. Whenever possible, mount your decorations in cement to keep them from blowing around.
- All monuments must be marked out and approved by a member of the cemetery board.
- Only one monument is allowed on each 39” single grave, you may have 2 names on the monument. The monument cannot be any higher than 30” nor wider than 24”. A cement base will be poured under the stone, 5”wider than the stone on both sides and 39” long.
- For a double grave the marker cannot be any higher than 40” nor longer than 78”. A cement base will be poured under the stone, 5” wider than the stone on both sides and 78” long.
- All cement bases will have footing 42” deep at least the size of a posthole to prevent the marker from shifting and be flush with the ground.
- No corner markers are allowed.
- Our Memorial Day services are always at 2:00p.m. On the Sunday after the Monday Federal Memorial Day.
- Each spring a community clean-up date is set for a Saturday in June, to work on projects that are needed, we conclude with a potluck lunch.